The European Space Agency (ESA) has organized its second joint MERIS and (A)ATSR workshop, which was hosted at ESA ESRIN in Frascati, Italy from 22 to 26 September 2008.
The workshop was intended to address the utilisation of MERIS and (A)ATSR data for remote sensing of open oceans, coastal waters, land surfaces and atmospheric processes with the main objectives as listed below:
- Present the latest results and status of research and development projects (including AO and cat-1).
- Review capabilities and achievements in the use of MERIS and (A)ATSR data for applications development in the land, marine and atmosphere domains.
- Update MERIS and (A)ATSR data users on instrument performance and product quality.
- Formulate recommendations for improved data access and utilization, including ordering and analysis tools, algorithms and new product development.
- Foster enhanced collaboration between MERIS and (A)ATSR research groups
- Inform users on the current status of the GMES Sentinel 2 and 3 payloads.
from Gisat website
Gisat has presented our experiences with the use of multitemporal medium resolution satellite imagery for the agricultural land use mapping and crop classification in particular.