The privacy is a key topic for EARSC. earsc.org fulfils the General Data Protection Regulation, hereinafter referred to as GDPR (UE 2016/679). EARSC do not share or sale your personal data to third parties.
In this document we describe the purpose and means of the processing of personal data.
Data collected on earsc.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files which are generated on the computer, smartphone, tablet or any other device of the User when accessing a webpage and which allows the owner of webpage to store or recover certain information about browsing performed from the equipment.
Type of cookies
Below we offer information about the types of cookies and their purpose:
Types of cookies according to the entity which manages them:
According to which is the entity managing the equipment or domain from where the cookies are sent and where the data obtained is treated, we can distinguish:
- Own cookies: These are the ones that are sent to the user’s terminal from www.eomag.eu
- Third party cookies: These are cookies which are sent to the user’s terminal from equipment or a domain which is not managed by EARSC, but by another entity which treats the data obtained through the cookies. As these are third parties which proceed with implementing the cookies, blocking and uninstalling the cookies is regulated by the third party’s specific conditions and mechanisms.
Types of cookies according to the length of time that they remain active on the terminal
- Session cookies: These are a type of cookie designed to gather and store data while the user accesses a webpage. These cookies are stored on the terminal until the user’s browsing session finalises.
- Persistent cookie: These are a type of cookies in which data continue to be stored on the terminal and can be accessed and treated for a definite period by the entity responsible for the cookie, and this can last from some minutes to several years.
Types of cookies according to their purpose
- Technical cookies: These are the cookies which allow the user to browse the website or the platform and to use the different options or services existing there such as, for example, controlling the traffic and communication of data, identifying the session, accessing restricted access areas, using security elements while browsing or storing contents for the dissemination of videos or sounds or sharing content through social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or Youtube. These can be session and persistent cookies.
- Personalised cookies: These cookies allow the user to access the service with some predefined characteristics according to a series of criteria in the user’s terminal such as, for example, the type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from which the service is accessed, etc.
- Analytical cookies: These cookies allow us to quantify the number of users and also perform measurements and statistical analyses on our users’ use of our website. To do so, the browsing on our website is analysed with the goal of improving it.
- Publicity cookies: These cookies allow the management, in as an effective way as possible, of the publicity spaces that may be included on our website.
- Behavioural publicity cookies: These cookies store information of the users’ behaviour obtained through continued observation. Thanks to these, we can know the internet browsing habits and show you publicity related with your browsing profile.
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your equipment through the configuration of options on your internet browser. In the case that you do not allow cookies to be installed on your browser it is possible that you cannot access some services and that your experience on our website can become less satisfactory.
On the following links you have all the information available to configure or deactivate your cookies on your browser:
Collection and processing of personal data
EARSC may collect data about your navigation on earsc.org hereinafter referred to as Navigation data. These data can be your:
- IP address;
- Geographic location;
- Referral page or link;
- Landing page;
- Pages views and duration;
- Navigation paths;
- Exiting page;
- Web browser and version;
- Device type and Device brand;
- New/returning user.
EARSC may process Navigation data to monitor and improve the website and analyse (e.g. performing aggregate statistics, server diagnoses and troubleshooting and access logs). The legal basis for this processing is the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by EARSC.
EARSC may collect the information you provide to contact us (earsc.org/contact/) or to become a member (earsc.org/request/) hereinafter referred to as Enquiry data. EARSC may process Enquiry data to interact with you and to monitor the performance of the interaction between EARSC and non-member. The legal basis for this processing is the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by EARSC.
EARSC may process any of the personal data mentioned in this notice for administrative or legal procedure. The legal basis for this processing is the purpose of the legitimate interest pursued by EARSC.
Under Law, user has rights regarding its personal data. EARSC invites you to read the original text (http://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.L_.2016.119.01.0001.01.ENG&toc=OJ:L:2016:119:TOC) to have a detailed view.
Related to earsc.org web site, some of the personal data rights:
- Access to data: an individual has the right to get confirmation from EARSC as to whether or not EARSC is using its personal data, in which case, he/she is granted the right to access it;
- Rectification data: an individual can ask to rectify any inaccurate personal data stored;
- Right to e forgotten: an individual can request that EARSC erase any personal data about him/her;
- Receive data in structured way: an individual can ask to receive its data if any in a structure way;
- Withdraw consent: an individual can withdraw its consent.
You can exercise your right by writing to European Association of Remote Sensing Companies, rue de la Loi 26, 1040, Brussels, Belgium or emailing at firstname.lastname@example.org, stating the reference “Data Protection”.
Information Society Services
In accordance with Clause 5 of European Parliament and Council Directive 2000/31/EC, dated 8 June 2000, we hereby inform you that the European Association of Remote Sensing Companies is an international non-profit association, AISB No. 0447.243.442, with registered offices at 26, Rue Beranger, 1190, Brussels, Belgium (VAT number BE 0447243442).