Registration is now open. Online registration closes January 22, 2014.
The theme is “What Direction for Europe in Space Between Now and 2020?.” The conference is sponsored by the presidents of the European Commission, the European Council and the European Parliament.
The issues under discussion during the plenary sessions are:
- European Space Industry: Facing the Challenge of Competitiveness
- International Dimension of Space: Cooperation and Competitiveness
- EU Space Programmes: Prospective State-of-Play
- The Growing Role of Satellite Telecommunications, and New Challenges for Operators
- What Are the New Challenges and Opportunities for Europe in Space?
- The Defence and Security Dimension of Space Services and Activities
The keynote speaker on January 29 will be Antonio Tajani, vice-president of the European Commission.
Other morning speakers include the Greek Minister for Infrastructure, Transport and Networks, Presidency of the Council of the EU; the President of Eurospace; the President of ESOA.
This year, organizers emphasize the need to examine the future of Europe in Space at the start of the European Union’s Multiannual Financial Framework for the years 2014-20, and the critical decisions the EU and the European Space Agency must make in order to pursue the current EU space programmes, such as EGNOS, Galileo and Copernicus, and to launch new initiatives, such as Space Surveillance and Tracking (SST).
The conference is free and aimed at decisionmakers in EU governance and industry as well as members of the public, but everyone must register online by January 22, 2014. Those who do not register by that date should contact the conference organizers by email at the address below.
Web Visit Website