Monitoring will be carried out using Earth observation satellite images followed by a thematic processing of the received data. It is expected that satellite monitoring will help improve the efficiency of authorities in charge of the state land supervision.
The goal of the project is to get updated information on the status and use of land on the island. The data will be used to evaluate different types of natural and human-induced hazards, to carry out activities on public land supervision of the land use for the intended purpose, to perform targeted audits of land laws abidance; this data is also to provide up-to-date information on the status of land of the island to state and local municipal government agencies.
A number of activities will be realized under this project, including:
- collection of archived material on the status and use of land
- analysis of cartographic material and other data on land plots
- preparation of maps based on fresh high resolution Earth remote sensing data
- definition of land plots status and land use types
- identification of areas not used for its intended purpose or where measures are not taken to bring the land to a condition suitable for the intended purpose
- detection of land law violations and mapping of such areas
- compilation of the analytical reports
- training of the Primorie Territory Rosreestr employees
Starting from 2006, a tremendous amount of work was carried out on the island to create the infrastructure for tourism and sports, to build modern facilities for business and cultural life. Since in the long run it is the Russky Island that is supposed to become a growth point for the entire Far East Region and a major center of international cooperation with the Asia-Pacific Region countries, the control of execution of strategic plans of the Russian President and Government is an important component for the effective accomplishment of the objectives.