As part of a series of workshops with the commercial sector, the European Commission (DG RTD in collaboration with DG GROW, DG CNECT and DG JRC) will hold a 2-day workshop entitled EU Research and Innovation in Support of the Earth Observation Market on 21-22 September 2016 in Brussels
This workshop will take place in the context of the rapid deployment of the Copernicus Programme and recent developments within the Group on Earth Observations (GEO), in particular the renewing of the initiative for a further decade (2016-2025), during which a stronger collaboration with the commercial sector will be sought. It is also an integral part of the stakeholder consultation process in view of the preparation of Horizon 2020 research and innovation Calls in the period 2018-2020.
The particular aims of the workshop will be to:
· Review EO market trends and evolution;
· Explore research and innovation areas of critical importance for the development of future EO markets in Europe;
· Take stock of research and innovation success stories in support of EO services and products development (B2C, B2G, B2B);
· Exchange best practices across the EU on EO alliances, forum and other public private partnerships with the Commercial sector;
· Review possible options for optimal engagement of the Commercial sector in the GEO initiative and the EU Copernicus programme.
The participation at the workshop of commercial actors, research organisations, and users interested in accessing and developing geospatial / Earth observation services and products is particularly welcome.
Online registration to the workshop is available from https://ec.europa.eu/eusurvey/runner/InnovationEarthObservationMarket
Deadline for expressions of interest to contribute with an oral presentation: 20 July 2016
Deadline for attendees’ registration (no oral presentation): 07 September 2016
Join Airbus Group, DLR, EARSC, ESA, Geospatial Media & Communications, T-Systems International GmbH and many European SME’s who have already announced their participation!
On behalf of the workshop organising team