SEOCA is a Coordination and Support Actions Project funded by the European Union within the 7th Framework Programme (FP7). The project duration is 24 months and the level of funding provided by EU is around 700.000 €.
The main objective of the SEOCA project is to take a significant step towards deeper integration of respective organizations from Central Asian countries into activities of GEO. The SEOCA project intends to further strengthen the cooperation between Europe and the countries of Central Asia within GEO. It is envisioned to be accomplished by implementing a set of activities aimed at building GEO-related capacity in the domain of Earth Observation in the target countries.
The project consortium comprises the following partners:
- Technical University Berlin, Aerospace Institute (Germany), Coordinator
- Engineering, Consulting and Management Office (Germany)
- TUBITAK UZAY, Uzay Teknolojileri Arastirma Enstitusu (Turkey)
- JeoDijital Bilisim Teknoloji Madencilik Insaat Sanayi ve Ticaret Limited Sirketi (Turkey)
- Aratos Technologies S.A. (Greece)
- GIRAF PM Consultants (Germany)
- Hydrometeorological Research Institute of the Centre of
- Hydrometeorological Servise on Cabinet of Ministers of the Republic of Uzbekistan (Uzbekistan)
- The State enterprise “Center of remote sensing and GIS technologies” (Uzbekistan)
- Tashkent State Technical University named after Abu Raikhman Beruni (Uzbekistan)
- Joint-stock company “The National Center of Space Researches and Technologies” (Kazakhstan)
- L.N. Gumilyov Eurasian National University (Kazakhstan)
- Agency of hydrometeorology on the Ministry for Emergency Situation of the Republic of Kyrgyzstan (Kyrgyzstan)
- State Agency of hydrometeorology of the Republic of Tadjikistan (Tadjikistan)
- National Institute of Deserts, Flora and Fauna of the Ministry of Environment Protection of Turkmenistan (Turkmenistan)
Aratos Technologies S.A. will contribute in SEOCA with its expertise in the provision of solutions for Environmental Protection using satellite-based and in-situ Earth Observation data. Aratos Technologies S.A. will be involved into the activities regarding the stimulation of further introductions of GEOSS technologies in public and private sectors of Central Asian countries. Furthermore, Aratos Technologies S.A. will participate in the activities for the modernization of regional higher education in the field of EO and GIS, as well as in the activities for the facilitation of the direct links between regional and European stakeholders/providers.
For more information about the SEOCA project please visit: http://www.geo-seoca.net/