- (Monday, 08 April 2013) Space images for biodiversity conservation: 6th International Conference “Earth from Space — the Most Effective Solutions
Satellite imagery data is applied on a regular basis to study and protect the population of animals, biodiversity of any given region, to assess the level of rational nature use, etc. Special attention of the participants of the 6th International Conference “Earth from Space — the Most Effective Solutions” will be drawn to this particular topic.
- (Thursday, 04 April 2013) Call for Papers Reminder: GSDI and AfricaGIS Conference
(Tuesday, 02 April 2013) The Earth from Space –the Most Effective Solutions magazine is the media partner of the joint AfricaGIS 2013 Conference and the GSDI 14 World Conference. According to the conference organizers, “we are now six weeks away from the deadline for abstracts and/or papers for the GSDI World Conference (GSDI 14) and AfricaGIS 2013. This combined conference is being held at the UN Economic Commission for Africa Conference Center in Addis Ababa from November 4-8, 2013”.
- (Tuesday, 02 April 2013) A new service “KosmoInspector’: operational satellite-based monitoring of economic activities
ScanEx Center has developed and put into operation a new information service “KosmoInspector” intended for operational satellite-based monitoring of economic activities at remote areas and enterprises. In 2011-2013 the “KosmoInspector” service was tested when carrying out control of illegal economic activities projects, illegal domestic wastes dumps, monitoring of forest logging, emergency response, and houses construction dynamics, etc.
- (Friday, 05 April 2013) UNIGEO Consortium: get the future to the Net!
On March 27 the meeting of the “University geoportals (UNIGEO)” Consortium participants took place in Moscow at the Geography Department of the Lomonosov’s MSU. Representatives from 23 higher education institutions out of 27 institutions-members of the Consortium attended the meeting.
- (Tuesday, 02 April 2013) Radar and optical satellite images helped shipped to reach Sabetta port in Gulf of Ob
On March 26 the nuclear-powered ice-breaker “Taimyr” of the FSUE “Atomflot” successfully completed the escorting the cargo-vessel “Yuri Arshenevsky” brining construction loads to the transpolar Sabetta port on the Yamal peninsula (Yamal-Nenets Autonomous Area). Space images served as the source of updated information about ice situation along the route of the caravan, navigating through the Kara Sea and Gulf of Ob.
- (Friday, 29 March 2013) The Earth from Space Magazine Is to Support the Joint Conference AfricaGIS 2013 and GSDI 14 World
The “Earth from Space –the Most Effective Solutions” magazine is now the information partner of the joint AfricaGIS 2013 Conference and the GSDI 14 World Conference, that will take place at the UN Economic Commission for Africa Conference Center in Addis Abbaba, Ethiopia on November 4 – 8, 2013. The joint conference is dedicated to Space Technologies in Support of Economic Development and Poverty Reduction.
- (Tuesday, 02 April 2013) Space imagery for agriculture: 6th International Conference Earth from Space – the Most Effective Solutions
Registration to the 6th International Conference “Earth from Space — the Most Effective Solutions” is ongoing. Conference participants will speak about innovations in Earth remote sensing, will share experience in space images applications, including agricultural solutions and effective land management.