The Conference will be followed on March 6, 2008 by a
“Panel on Information Mining from images, geo-information and text”.
Details are available at http://earth.esa.int/rtd/Events/ESA-EUSC_2008.
Participation to conference and panel is free of charge up toavailable seats.
Interested participants shall register within February 1, 2008,
sending an e-mail to “Patrizia“mailto:Farroni@esa.int.
The Conference is scientifically sponsored by IEEE GRSS.
ESA will publish related “Workshop Proceedings”.
Contributors are encouraged to make their interactive presentations, since only articles presented at the Conference will be published.
Extensive abstract, with indication if it is for interactive presentation or poster session, via e-mail to email@example.com, copy Sergio.Delia@esa.int, subject: IIM ESA-EUSC 2008) by October 15, 2007.
Notification of acceptance (and format for article submission)
will be provided to authors by November 15, 2007
A limited number of demonstrations can be accepted:
demonstration description and resource requirements
shall be provided by e-mail to Sergio.Delia@esa.int
(subject: IIM ESA-EUSC 2008) within February 15, 2008.
Full articles and presentations by February 15, 2008.
Presentations should focus on theory and applications leading to
more automation in geospatial information extraction and understanding from optical and SAR EO images and heterogeneous sources:
- Automatic image pre-processing (geo-referencing, ortho-rectification, radiometric calibration, etc.)
- Challenges for metre resolution optical and SAR EO images
- Geospatial Intelligence: synergies across images, maps and geo information
- Models, semantics and spatial syntax for image understanding
- Information mining from heterogeneous sources
- Human-machine communication for spatial reasoning
- Knowledge discovery and sharing
- Scenarios and constraints in Environment, Security and Intelligence applications
- System architectures for geospatial information processing
The “Panel on Information Mining from images, geo-information and text” will include topics like (final list will be made available with the programme):
- Use of KIM (interactive information discovery from images)
- Use of KEO (component-based processing environment)
- Image understanding
- Speaking Images: Intelligence and Semantics
- Understanding high resolution SAR images
- Image Information Mining
- Automatic classification strategies
- Change detection
- Mining Time Series
- Heterogeneous information sources
- Knowledge from Web content
- Visualisation of geo information
The event is the fifth in the series jointly organised by ESA and EUSC (see the last one at http://earth.esa.int/rtd/Events/ESA-EUSC_2006).
It is promoted by the European Image Information Mining Coordination Group (IIMCG), initiated by:
- ASI, Agenzia Spaziale Italiana
- CNES, Centre National d’Etudes Spatiales
- CNR, Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche
- DLR, Deutsches Zentrum für Luft- und Raumfahrt
- EC-IST, European Commission – Information Society Technology
- ESA, European Space Agency
- ETHZ, Eidgenössische Technische Hochschule Zürich
- EUSC, European Union Satellite Centre
An extended to:
EARSC, European Association of Remote Sensing Companies