The First GEO Data Providers workshop was held as a side event at the GEO-XIII Plenary in St Petersburg, Russia, to strengthen dialogue with data providers and to improve the discoverability, accessibility and usability of GEOSS resources.
Given the high level of interest and success of the initial workshop, a more comprehensive event of two days will be hosted by the Italian National Research Council (CNR) in Florence, Italy, from 20th to 21st of April, 2017, in collaboration with the European Space Agency (ESA).
Objectives of the workshop:
- Grow the GEO Data Providers community and discuss key principles.
- Embrace the GEOSS Vision: To realize a future where decisions and actions, for the benefit of humankind, are informed by coordinated, comprehensive and sustained Earth observation information and services.
- Learnmore about GCI operations.
- Dialogue on critical elements like metadata, data quality and GEOSS Data Management Principles.
- Learn about GEOSS brokering agreements, how to contribute data and resources to GEOSS.
- Learn more about how data are used by users.
- Discuss Open Access –beyond discovery, data policy.
- Discuss benefits and issues for GEOSS Data Providers.