- Channel partners are instrumental to support the promotion of Astrium Services’ unrivalled portfolio of products globally.
- Three Channel partner conferences – hosting representatives from over 150 partners from across 50 countries- held to communicate commitment and breadth of company’s solution portfolio and unique differentiators for Value Added Resellers
Astrium Services recently organised three Channel Partner conferences – hosting representatives from over 150 partners from across 50 countries. Held in Bali to cover the Asia Pacific region, Toulouse for Europe, Middle East & Africa and Colorado for North America, Astrium Services took advantage of the platform to showcase the breadth of its satellite-based earth observation technologies, highlighting the value that organisations can gain from using Astrium geospatial solutions and services.
“Our three global channel events proved a tremendous success, helping the company strengthen its channel relationships, and creating an ideal forum for the geospatial community to engage, share market trends and exchange best practices across their different vertical markets,” commented Bernhard Brenner, Executive Director – Geo information, Astrium Services . “Effective channel partnerships play a key role in taking our business forward, and are instrumental in helping the company take its geo-information solutions to more customers across both our established regions and emerging markets globally.”
With three major satellite (Pléiades-1A/1B and SPOT 6) launches in under two years, and more to come with SPOT 7, Astrium Services is committed to remaining at the forefront of satellite-based earth observation technology and services provision. This platform provides its channel partners with unique and powerful differentiators, enabling them to develop compelling new business solutions and the ability to target new market opportunities. No other geo-information specialist, for example, is able to offer access to both optical and SAR assets – providing Astrium Services partners and their customers with an optimum combination of resolution, revisits and coverage.
Key Astrium products and services showcased at the events included:
- TerraSAR-X with new acquisition modes available starting in the third quarter of 2013 (Staring Spotlight, Wide ScanSAR)
- Pléiades VHR optical: 2 satellites now operational, offering a truly reactive, accurate and available twin-satellite constellation
- SPOT 6 – redefining the benchmark for medium-resolution imagery. Update on SPOT 7 launch
- Proven examples of how Pléiades, SPOT, TerraSAR-X are fulfilling customer requirements on a daily basis, and are setting new standards in terms of reactivity and acquisition capacity for Astrium Services partners and customers
- Elevation1&4, 10, 30: an unmatched Elevation series of products with different level of accuracy and price points
- GEOMaps product range: PléiadesMaps, SPOTMaps1.5, SPOTMaps2.5
- Live demonstration of GeoStore, Instant Tasking services from GeoStore, Cloud Services and the brand new Partner Portal specifically designed for channel partners
- Truly innovative and unrivalled solutions only available from Astrium Services – WorldDEMTM, Pixel and Street FactoryTM, Elevation 1&4
Bernhard Brenner adds: “our global channel conferences resulted in tremendously positive feedback from our partner community, particularly with the exchange of best practice ideas on how partners can build cost-effective geo-information solutions and services that can make a real difference for their customers and end-users. We’re already looking at dates for 2014 to repeat the exercise. In the meantime, we’ll continue to enhance our value proposition and are targeting further recruitment of complementary partners over the coming year”.
Through its GEO-Information business, Astrium Services is recognized as one of the leaders in the geo-spatial information market, not least thanks to the now fully integrated skills and resources of the former Spot Image and Infoterra. The company provides decision-makers with complete solutions enabling them to increase security, boost agricultural performance, maximize oil & gas or mining operations, improve their management of natural resources, and protect the environment. It has exclusive access to data from the SPOT, TerraSAR-X, TanDEM-X and Pléiades satellites, coupled with a complete range of space-based data sources and airborne acquisition capability allowing it to offer an unrivalled scope of Earth observation products and services. This extensive portfolio covers the entire geo-information supply chain, from the generation of images to the provision of high added-value information to end-users.
By leveraging the synergies and expertise available across the whole of Astrium Services, its GEO-Information teams develop innovative, yet competitive, custom-made solutions based on the combination and integration of Earth observation, navigation and high-end telecommunications.
Source Astrium Services