EARSC SECRETARY GENERAL (Part time Position)
The EARSC BoD is set to re-launch the process to recruit a Secretary General as was announced at the AGM in June 2009. The results of the Eovox 1 study and the first findings in Eovox 2 will inform the board in its quest to find the right person for the association. Members and stakeholders are invited to promote any candidates of whom they may be aware.
The European Association of Remote Sensing Companies (EARSC), based in Brussels, is inviting applications for the position of Secretary General.
Overall, the Secretary-General will have the goal to promote awareness of the EO sector (including geo-information) and create/enable new business opportunities in particular with European and International public sector organisations. Their main Responsibilities will be to:
• Promote EARSC activities and image
• Raise awareness of EARSC, its members and the sector
• Represent EARSC towards European, National and International Institutions
• Develop and maintain contacts with decision takers as well as those responsible for implementing the actions of public authorities.
• Drive EARSC events, workshops, etc.
• Run the activities of the Association including Working Groups
• Federate views amongst EARSC members and establishing commonly agreed positions.
• Write position papers on behalf of the Association
• Organise meetings and keep official filing of Minutes of Meeting and other official documents; i.e. BoD records.
• Ensure EARSC compliance with legal obligations (AGM, VAT, accounting, etc.)
Preferably based in, or within easy reach of, Brussels, he or she will report to the EARSC Board of Directors (BoD).
Competencies and Skills:
• Established network in GMES and EO institutional community
• Capable of working independently to meet the organization objectives
• Excellent communications skills, both written and oral, in English. Any other European language is a plus.
• The applicant must have more than ten years experience in the remote sensing business as well as in Earth Observation international programs. Moreover a very good knowledge of the European Union and European Space Agency policies and programs is desired.
Deadline for expression of interest: April 30th 2010
Part time position
Applications including (Letter of Interest and candidate CV. Short list of referees is welcome) must be sent to:
Email Ref: [EARSC SG 2010]
Att. Mrs Mónica Miguel-Lago
EARSC Executive Secretary